26 Nov 2006 » permalink
It seems one of the more annoying limitations of NFlick was it’s inability to display photos that don’t belong to any photoset (unsetted photos). A lot of flickers don’t use photosets at all, and for them NFlick wouldn’t show a single photo. Not good.
So I did a little bit of work and the just-released version 0.3.0 addresses this issue.
Other new features include:
- A slightly “hildonized” UI look & feel.
- Informational dialog about the cache size.
- A possibility to clear the cache.
- Menu option to reset (remove) all private data stored.
- Cache can be disabled.
- Maemo-launcher is being used for faster startup.
The usual collection of links:
- NFlick 0.3.0 binary package
- NFlick 0.3.0 source package
- Subversion repository
- Troubleshooting & suggestions
NFlick is a side-project of mine, but tigert has this neat idea to turn your 770 into a flickr photoframe that cycles through the recent photos posted by your contacts. It would sit quietly on your desk (connected to power & net obviously) and light-up when new content is available. I hope we’ll sit down to it at some point.